The Road to WrestleMania has become one of the biggest deals in the WWE Universe. After all, it was the event that saved the then World Wrestling Federation (WWF) from going out of business turning it into the world’s largest sports entertainment brand on the face of the earth.
Now, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and Loot Crate join forces once again in their by monthly venture and with WWE Fastlane being the go-home pay-per-view (PPV) on the WWE Network tomorrow night, it is only fitting that we review the third Slam Crate!
We will go in ascending order from least impressive items to most impressive in this unboxing:
- The WWE Trading Card: As a kid, I never got into trading cards, I still have shoe box full of old trading cards that I received as gifts that I never look at, but keep for some unknown reason. This throw-away four pack of cards from the Topps 2016 collection feature John Cena, Charlotte Flair and Kevin Owens. Didn’t you used to get a dozen cards with stale bubblegum?
- The Attitude Era Championship Belt Pin: As amazing as the Attitude Era this championship belt pin is a reminder of what was the second most recognizable belt in WWE history. Replacing the winged eagle belt, every champion worth his weight in gold carried this one, from The Rock to Kurt Angle, Triple HHH and even Stone Cold Steve Austin.
- The Rock Metals Die Cast Action Figure: This exclusive Loot Crate/Slam Crate action figure of The Rock is perfectly time to sync up with the upcoming The Fate of the Furious movie being released this Spring by Universal Pictures. “The most electrifying man in sports entertainment” and prince of the WrestleMania part-timers (second only to The Undertaker) is a addition to your WWE collectibles. It is well made, sturdy and will look great on your shelf.
- The Architect – Seth Rollins T-Shirt: My second favorite piece of the WWE Slam Crate mystery box is absolutely, the Seth Rollins t-shirt. Sadly, Rollins will miss WrestleMania again this year, but this heavy duty grey shirt will get heads turning even if they aren’t professional wrestling or sports entertainment fans. I will most likely be wearing this to the next WWE live event I cover.
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Fanny Pack: I’m not going to lie, I absolutely geeked out over this one. The fanny pack was all the rage in the late-80s and early-90s, so every-once-in-awhile when the nostalgia train pulls up with a classic gem like this, I just have to smile. Now I can run around, storing my valuables in this WWE World Heavyweight Title replica as it hangs off my hip (go ahead and laugh non-wrestling fans, we know you’re jealous).That’s it for this month, the fanny pack made it all worthwhile! See you in April for the next WWE Slam Crate powered by Loot Crate unboxing!
A great box with two really outstanding items and one cool toy. I did jeer when seeing a four pack of trading cards, but the fanny pack made up for it big time! The WWE Slam Crate is a big win this time. Enjoy WWE Fastlane tomorrow night on the WWE Network.