Weird & Wry’s simulation game The Spatials: Galactology has come of age as a full Steam release!
A genre-bending mix of base building and resource management gameplay with a dynamic loot system and randomly-generated galaxies, Galactology features deeper, more rewarding mechanics than the original game … and enough content (and new features!) to satisfy even the most hardcore simulation fans.
Back in 2015, The Spatials surprised quite a few reviewers with oodles of depth, humor, and seemingly endless replayability. The game’s sequel is now fully mature and available on Steam for all major desktop operating systems: Windows, Mac and Linux.
Galactology is The Spatials reimagined as a much larger and more rewarding simulation game. With mod support and active pause, the game adds new items and structures to build, trade routes to exploit, planets with many new variables, sophisticated AI, civilizations that actually attack your station – and unique gameplay systems behind every object and room. The game also ships with full Steam Workshop compatibility and includes a large chunk of gameplay source code with every copy sold.
The galaxy the Spatials once knew has changed. The Federation is collapsing, a 5,000-year-old cat is leading a revolution, strange cults are flourishing, and the worst chef of all time is a TV superstar. It’s time for the Spatials to start a new era of science and diplomacy by building the ultimate tourist trap – er … vacation hotspot in the outer reaches of the universe!
Developer Quote from Carlos Carrasco (Co-Founder & Programmer, Weird & Wry):
“The Spatials: Galactology realizes the full potential of the original game. When we released The Spatials, we knew that it was a young star ready to go supernova. With some time and effort on our part, The Spatials has expanded into a whole new game; we now have three more alien civilizations, colonies that can be built on planets, Steam Workshop support for awesome new mods, and even a hotel system. If you’re into simulation – or just wish you could build your very own intergalactic business – The Spatials: Galactology will give you all the strategic thrills (and tongue-in-cheek humor) you can handle.”
- Reinforce your colony space station with new buildings, staff, and robots.
- Build spaceships as you explore the galaxy.
- Forge trade links and defend your allies from enemies.
- Earn in-game cash by growing your colony’s hospitality business, trading with other civilizations, and plundering planets!
- Explore a detailed simulation featuring many systems to tinker with – including logistics, manufacturing, research, healthcare, disease, emotional breakdowns, combat, hunger, thirst, cleaning, decay, security, fire, and more.
- Handle random events that keep you on the edge – including invasions, spies, space monsters, medical emergencies, malfunctions, VIPs, and nosy bureaucrats with unreasonable demands.
- Item and officer progression systems featuring desires, feelings, and minds of their own.
New Features Added Since Steam Early Access
- Colony stations built on planets
- Building system based on rooms with separate flooring and walls
- New room styles
- Combine any floor tiles together with a range of colors
- New objects to furnish the station, both decorative and functional
- New space flight system based on wormholes
- Ship construction
- Civilizations also have ships and use them to visit you
- New civilizations (Chuchus, Cucurbians and Meductians)
- Per-factory order queues
- Global mode for factory production based on stock levels
- Per-job per-officer job priorities
- Class system with task-based learning and progression and a new set of skills
- Private property and rooms for your officers – and demands related to class
- Equippable items for your officers, make them more powerful with better loot
- Security system with item progression, shields turrets and security doors
- Events and disasters, spies, monsters, and VIPs can come visit your station
- Disease system with healthcare and hospitals
- Hotel system
- Visitor archetypes with different needs and expectations
- Redesigned research system and UI
- Redesigned staff screen
- Door filters
- Room-level aesthetic score and noise levels, which can affect vital tasks
- Large optimizations and performance enhancements
- Support for languages with custom fonts
- Built-in support for Chinese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Turkish and Russian
The Spatials: Galactology is now available on Steam as a full release for $9.09 (30% off). The game will return to its original price of $12.99 on April 25.
[via Weird & Wry]