54 years after taking the screen by storm in the iconic film Mary Poppins, the character created by P.L. Travers returns to the big screen in Mary Poppins Returns, a sequel which is practically perfect in every way. The film directed by Rob Marshall which sees Emily Blunt taking over the role made famous by Julie Andrews was nominated for four Academy Awards, including a nomination for Best Original Song. Now Mary Poppins Returns is coming home on Digital HD today, March 12th, and on Blu-ray/DVD on March 19, 2019.
We here at FanboyNation are happy to offer one (1) copy of Mary Poppins Returns on Blu-ray/DVD combo pack to one lucky reader. But wait — there’s more! In addition to the hit film on Blu-ray, our giveaway also includes one (1) Mary Poppins compact mirror with digital messaging. All you have to do is fill out the form below and we’ll pick a winner at random. Fear not, dear reader, your information will not be used for anything other than the giveaway, so no need to fear unexpected nannies intruding into your home uninvited. We’ll be accepting entries until March 19, 2019 at 5:00pm Pacific Time.
Of course, if you’re not our lucky winner you can check out Mary Poppins Returns on Digital HD today or wait for Blu-ray and DVD on March 19th. Good luck to all who enter and thank you for reading FanboyNation.
The special features on the Mary Poppins Returns Blu-ray:
Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.