With Star Wars: The Force Awakens coming soon, the Winter issue of Disney Twenty-Three gives fans a behind-the scenes look at the making of the movie. “Guest Editor” C-3P0 opens the issue with some confusion, admitting “although I am very familiar with the R2 series of droid, I am less familiar with the D23 line. Would it be R2-D23?” Following this are interviews with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford about the strength of the films–both the original trilogy and the movies to come. Then Director Abram Adams answers a Q&A, followed by Lucasfilm’s president talking about inheriting the Star Wars legacy (which has to come with some pressure).
Finally, D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will get a glimpse of the future in the Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The press release announces additional Star Wars goodness in the form of:
- Stories behind the movie poster artwork for all seven films
- An exclusive interview with Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni, who talks about his first, nerve-wracking meeting with George Lucas
- The incredible collectibles—past and future—that allow guests to bring the movies into their homes, including the story of the groundbreaking BB-8 toy
- A salute to George Lucas by Star Wars authority Steve Sansweet
Non-Star Wars elements include:
- The story of how the new Disney•Pixar film The Good Dinosaur came to rule the Earth
- A look back at the creation of Fantasia, as it celebrates its 75th anniversary
- How The Finest Hours went from an unbelievable true story to a gripping new film
- Regular features including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave