Gears 5: Hivebusters Expansion is out now on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for console, PC, and Android devices the same day as global release.
A new campaign for Gears of War 5 is available today! What’s more impressive, is the Hive Busters Expansion it also available via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is proving itself to be one of the better game stream services by keeping the library current as well as deep. Here’s the official news breakdown of Hivebusters from Xbox:
In “Hivebusters,” players take on the roles of Lahni, Keegan and Mac – the heroes introduced in “Gears 5’s” Escape mode – in their first mission as part of the secretive Hivebuster program. Thrown together and dubbed “Scorpio Squad,” their suicide mission to destroy a Swarm hive may hold the key to saving Sera and their own redemption.
- Enjoy a new, 3-hour campaign set on the volcanic Galangi islands. The island lava flows and sandy beaches are crawling with Swarm and a deadly new predator.
- Use and upgrade Ultimate Abilities in a campaign story setting for the first time.
- Up to 3-player co-op, split-screen or online.
- 16 new achievements to unlock for 210 Gamerscore
- The expansion supports Gears 5 Xbox Series X|S optimizations, including reduced load times, quick resume, variable refresh rates and 4K HDR Ultra visuals on Series X.
Also available today is “Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition,” which includes the “Hivebusters” campaign expansion, “Halo: Reach” Character Pack, plus 30 days of boost, and is available as a digital exclusive from the Microsoft digital store ($59.99 USD) or available beginning today with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.