E3 2021 Online Portal and App details for the first-ever virtual experience of the world’s largest video game event have been officially revealed
E3 is going virtual for 2021 and will be free and open to everyone! This year, the world’s largest video game event will be held on a 4-day long live stream accompanied by a fully decked out Online Portal and App to give fans the best interactive virtual experience possible. The E3 livestream will be taking place Saturday June 12 through Tuesday June 15 and will be hosted by Greg Miller, Jacki Jing and Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez.
● Greg Miller – Co-founder of online entertainment outlet Kinda Funny, Miller has become one of gaming’s most sought after hosts for various events across the industry. Known for his often comedic and insightful takes, Miller has deep ties to video and podcast content on video game culture, film, television and comics.
● Jacki Jing – Emmy-nominated TV journalist and current on-camera host and producer seen on IGN, Nerdist, Funimation and Anime News Network, Jing has hosted several red carpet events and conducted dozens of celebrity interviews for AAA feature films.
● Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez – One of the top professional esports commentators, host for multiple fan-favorite games including Fortnite, Halo, Valorant and Overwatch, as well as commentator for NBC’s “The Titan Games.” Mendez recently announced he will also be bringing his comedic styles to G4.
Companies confirmed for the all-virtual E3 2021 continue to grow and include high-profile fan favorites: Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games, SQUARE ENIX, SEGA, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, XSEED Games / Marvelous USA, Inc., Gearbox Entertainment, Freedom Games, Devious Eye Entertainment, Turtle Beach, Verizon, and Binge.com.
“E3 2021 is set to continue its legacy as the premier video game industry event as we add new publishers, sponsors and partners” said Stanley Pierre-Louis, President & CEO of the ESA. “We can’t wait to share more details about this virtual event for audiences around the globe.”
To enhance the virtual experience, E3 has revamped their Online Portal and App to enable attendees to get the most out of the event.
“From the moment we decided to host E3 virtually, we’ve been focused on providing an interactive experience for fans around the globe that goes beyond the typical livestream,” said Stanley Pierre-Louis, President & CEO of the ESA. “The result is a bespoke online portal and app that will allow fans, media and industry professionals to have an E3 experience designed to run parallel to the four-day broadcast, laying the foundation for interactive E3 elements to continue beyond this year’s all-virtual show.”
Registration for access to the online E3 2021 portal will be free and begin later this month. Starting on June 12, the public version of the online portal will give access to:
● Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
● Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
● Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
● Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
● Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized
The online portal and app will also feature the E3 live broadcast with interactive overlays powered by Hovercast. The graphics will be interactive across platforms, including viewer polls, featured tweets, and more. The broadcast will be hosted by Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Jacki Jing and Greg Miller and feature major publisher showcases, press conferences, industry panels, extended livestreams and special guest appearances.
The week before June 12, a five-day long media week will utilize the online portal and app to help media gain early access to connect directly with E3 exhibitors. An online calendar tool will allow for scheduling appointments, while also including video conferencing and chat features as needed. Media registration and credentialing will begin later this month.
Be sure to go to the E3 Website to subscribe to the mailing list to access the portal as soon as it’s available.