Comcast Customers Nationwide Can Now Launch and Play Jackbox Games’ Wide Range of Hilarious Titles Directly on TV With Xfinity X1
CHICAGO – March 19, 2018 – Jackbox Games today announced its extensive lineup of hit online multiplayer party games is now available for Comcast customers to purchase and access directly through their TVs via Xfinity X1.
“Bringing Jackbox Games experiences to all major digital platforms continues to be our goal, and we are excited that our titles are now available on X1, giving even more people nationwide access to the perfect party, game night and easy-in games,” says Mike Bilder, CEO of Jackbox Games.
To access Jackbox’s collection of games, customers can say “Jackbox Games” into their X1 Voice Remote and launch the destination, or they can find it within the Gaming section of Xfinity on Demand. Customers can choose from and purchase a selection of Jackbox Games’ most popular titles, including:
- The Jackbox Party Pack 4, featuring Fibbage 3, Survive the Internet, Bracketeering, Monster Seeking Monster, and Civic Doodle.
- The Jackbox Party Pack 3, featuring Quiplash 2, Trivia Murder Party, Fakin’ It, Tee K.O., and Guesspionage.
- The Jackbox Party Pack 2, featuring Fibbage 2, Earwax, Bidiots, Quiplash XL, and Bomb Corp.
- The Jackbox Party Pack, featuring YOU DON’T KNOW JACK 2015, Fibbage XL, Drawful, Lie Swatter, and Word Spud.
- Drawful 2, which challenges players to draw ridiculous prompts on their devices.
- Quiplash, the no-rules, say-anything party game where players compete to improvise outrageous responses to open-ended questions.
- Fibbage XL, the lying and bluffing trivia game where players try to fool each other with lies.
Jackbox’s entire collection of games on X1 will be on sale for special prices throughout the week of March 19. Every title in The Jackbox Party Pack series is on sale now for $16.99 each (normally $24.99 each), while Drawful 2, Quiplash and Fibbage XL are currently available for $6.99 each (normally $9.99 each).
Like all Jackbox Games titles, players can use their smartphones, tablets or computers as controllers. After choosing a game on X1, customers will need to go to jackbox.tv on their device and enter the on-screen room code to pair their device and join a game.
Jackbox Games titles are enjoyed by millions of players around the world, including at home, through live streaming, at major sporting and esports events, and just recently on NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
About Jackbox Games
Jackbox Games, formerly Jellyvision Games, is a developer and publisher of party games on major gaming platforms and home entertainment devices. The studio is best known for comedic party games like YOU DON’T KNOW JACK, Fibbage, Quiplash and Drawful. Jackbox Games “make the world’s best party games” according to Business Insider. YOU DON’T KNOW JACK has been called “the greatest quiz-show game ever made” by The Onion’s A.V. Club. All current-generation Jackbox games feature the innovative use of mobile devices as controllers, allowing anyone with an internet-connected phone, tablet or laptop to join a game without the need for extra game controllers. Players connect to games on their devices by going to http://jackbox.tv and entering the custom game code displayed via the system hosting the game. This unique concept also allows for games that involve secret player input. The digital release of The Jackbox Party Pack, a massive collection of five party games, was named “Best Local Multiplayer Game of the Year” by Giant Bomb. The company headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois.
[via Jackbox Games]