Independent solo game developer, Denis Galewski, is bringing us old-school run ‘n gun gaming this summer with his game, Gun Rage
I never beat Contra, but I had a lot of fun playing that game and getting into shouting matches with my cousin over who’s fault is it that we lost. That’s the feeling I get from watching the Gun Rage trailer. Fast-paced, 16-bit, run ‘n gunning chaos that makes for a hell of a good time. What is even more impressive, this is all done by one person, Denis Galewski. After 3 years of development, Galewski is set to release the game this summer on PC. Here’s some official information from the developer and about the him:
- Big variety of enemies: armies of cyborg zombies, crazy cultists, giant mechas, abominable, heavily armed, huge monsters.
- Challenging, complex, multiphase boss fights.
- Retro 16-bit era graphics. All hand-drawn.
- Old-school hardcore.
- Vast arsenal. Use various types of weapons: blaster, rifle, shotgun, melee, spread gun, grenades, rocket launcher. Pick new guns and switch between them at any time.
- Fast-paced gameplay with a lot of explosions, gore and blood.
- Every level of the game has distinctive indiuvidual art design and atmosphere.
- Dark synthwave music.