Everyone’s favorite A-holes are back in a whole new adventure with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the critically acclaimed blockbuster that continues Marvel’s expanding cinematic universe into the far reaches of the galaxy. This time, however, Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) must track down the question that’s been on everybody’s mind since the first film — just who exactly is Star Lord’s father. While most people interested have seen the flick or read the spoilers elsewhere, I’m not gonna get into that kind of detail here. That would be wrong, man.
Returning alongside Star Lord are Drax (Dave Bautista), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Rocket (Bradley Cooper), and the adorable Baby Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel). They’re also joined by Gamora’s angry sister Nebula (Karen Gillan) as well as the mysterious newcomer Mantis (Pom Klementieff).
Writer-director James Gunn‘s crowd-pleasing sequel once again features a rockin’ soundtrack and an outlandish sense of humor to amplify the madcap special effects that dominate every frame. Now the spectacular space sequel will land on Blu-ray and DVD on August 22nd, but those who just can’t wait can get the movie two weeks early on Digital HD starting on August 8th. But for those who have upgraded to 4K might want to wait, as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is the first Disney title to be released in glorious 4K Blu-ray.
All the special features on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2:
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):Blu-ray:
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.Digital:All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.DVD:
Does not include any bonus materials.