Highlights from EA Play 2017
Highlights from EA Play 2017: Star Wars Battlefront II, Battlefield 1 DLC, FIFA eSports, and more exciting news!
If you didn’t have the chance to catch EA’s live press conference showing off their line-up of what is to come, fear not. Here is a list of some of the highlights from EA Play 2017.
To start out with, now until June 18, EA Access Vault titles, Origin Access and select PlayStation 4 EA game trials are available to players for free.
Star Wars Battlefront II:
- All Players will receive FREE content drops to go along with different seasons. These drops will include characters, maps, challenges, and different rewards
- That said, the first season to take place will be The Last Jedi – themed, adding Captain Phasma, Finn, and more to the game
- Pre-ordering any version of Star Wars Battlefront II will grant you a bonus for Yoda, as well as early access to the Multiplayer beta
- More info on Star Wars Battlefront II here
- New Battlefield 1 DLC In the Name of the Tsar will add the Russian army to the game
- 11 new weapons will be included, as well as 6 new maps, more Operations, new vehicles, and a new game mode called Supply Drop
- 2 of the new maps are extensions of the They Shall Not Pass DLC, Nivelle Nights and Prise de Tahure
- Competitive mode to be announced at Gamescom in August based off of community feedback
- Turning Tides DLC to launch in December, features amphibious combat, followed by Apocalypse DLC in early 2018
- New competitive league starting in the fall
- Features real life clubs in official league competitions
- FIFA Ultimate Team Champions Cup – Open to all eligible players, mass entry tournament starts with online matchmaking with top players qualifying for live events in the winter and spring.
- FIFA Interactive Club World Cup – All-Star tournament featuring players signed to clubs.
- Release window Fall 2018 (sad face)
- Brand new IP from Bioware, shared-world action-RPG
- Play as a Freelancer, one of the protectors of humanity, while you roam and discover the world around you and the many dangers that inhabit it
- Up to 4 players can play together as you fight to survive
- Basically, it looks like a cross between Horizon Zero Dawn and Titanfall