80’s and early 90’s babies rejoice, we get to relive some of that afternoon kids programming thanks to The Disney Afternoon Collection from Capcom
Leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, Capcom, just announced The Disney Afternoon Collection!!! A compilation of six games that feature beloved Disney TV characters from the 80s and 90s featuring Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales and TaleSpin! This is big news! Like Snoop Dogg holding an orange clown at gunpoint big. You see, back in the day, you would get home from school with a cup of water in your Batman Forever cup from Burger King, sit at the coffee table with your homework, and watch afternoon cartoons. This guaranteed a good 2-3 hours period of focused school work, before you went outside and played before dinner. Disney was one of the greats, with progams like the ones mentioned, before transitioning to Recess and Pepper Anne. It was a glorious time for being a kid and for animation. Then Pokemon took over, and eventually, a law was passed preventing afternoon cartoons and a great past time was lost.
Thankfully, Capcom knows what the people want, and they’re bringing us The Disney Afternoon Collection; a compilation of 6 classic games restored to feature crisp 1080p HD support and include all-new modes that can be enjoyed for new players and long-time fans alike. The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 / £15.99/ €19.99 on April 18, 2017. Here are the six games and their descriptions from Capcom:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
Each game is new and improved HD versions of the originals and also have filtering options to replicate the classic retro look and feel. There are also new game modes like Boss Rush and Time Attack for new ways to play. Boss Rush mode lets players battle through the boss fights one after another, and Time Attack mode lets you play against the clock and puts your score up against others. There is also a “Rewind” feature to make the game more accessible for new players that gives players mulligans. Lastly, there will be an in-game Disney Museum that Disney fans to bask in the glory of the games’ history and content.
The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available for digital download April 18, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.