Gaming News will be streamlined into a weekly piece starting next week, to catch up, here’s is all you August Gaming News so far:
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Returns August 22 with Episode 3 More Than A Feeling
Episode 1 was kind of lackluster, it picked up in Episode 2, picks it up (review coming soon), and Episode 3 looks to be building off of 2 and adding a heavy philosophical overtone. I can’t wait!
David Beckham signs long-term, exclusive deal with KONAMI as latest PES Legend Ambassador
Alliance Digital Media to launch Cosmo D’s surreal adventure game The Norwood Suite for Windows PC on Oct. 2
Alliance Digital Media announced it will publish indie developer Cosmo D’s latest offbeat adventure game, The Norwood Suite, for Windows PC on Oct. 2 via Steam, GOG.com and itch.io for $9.99.
The Powerpuff Girls fly into LEGO Dimensions to save their multiverse
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will make the LEGO Dimensions Powerpuff Girls Team Pack and Fun Pack available on Sept. 12, 2017 along with the Teen Titans Go! Team Pack and Fun Pack, plus the Beetlejuice Fun Pack.
Oasis Games confirms Monkey King: Hero Is Back the Game
Oasis Games Confirms Monkey King: Hero Is Back the Game is coming to the West for PlayStation 4.
“Monkey King: Hero Is Back the Game combines the global popularity of the Monkey King character and film with a visually rich and compelling monster-slaying interactive experience on PlayStation 4,” said Alen Wu, Business Director at Oasis Games. “With the oversight of October Media for the project and the development prowess of Hexa Drive and Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia, we have the perfect team to deliver an outstanding game for action fans.”
This game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.
Capcom gives us a first look at the Wildespire Waste Are in Monster Hunter: World
Monster Hunter: World comes to PlayStaion 4 and Xbox One Early 2018
Jackbox Games Launches The Jackbox Party Pack and The Jackbox Party Pack 2 on Nintendo Switch
We love the Jackbox party games here at FanboyNation. We often play them whenever we feel like we are getting along too well, and need to hurt our friendships. But now… WE CAN TAKE OUR LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS GAMEPLAY OUT IN PUBLIC!!! This is good and bad for numerous reason. Good for those who play, and want to play; bad when we take it to a nice restaurant. If you have a Switch, and friends willing to hang out with you in person, highly recommend downloading these games.
Jackbox Party Pack: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-jackbox-party-pack-switch
Jackbox Party Pack 2: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-jackbox-party-pack-2-switch
Capcom releases new Story Trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and confirms modes and characters
Here are the features/modes/characters announced by Capcom:
- Offline Modes and Features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
- Online Modes and Features:
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
THQ Nordic’s Fantasy RTS/RPG SpellForce 3 gets new cinematic trailer and Collector’s Edition
From THQ Nordic:
SpellForce 3 Collector’s Edition can be pre-ordered for $129.99 in North America and €129,99 in Europe. The package will include the game, an exclusive artbook, the game’s official soundtrack, a Godstone amulet and an 8-inch figurine of Sentenza Noria, a seasoned commander and spymaster of the Royal Army that acts as the mentor for the player. The Collector’s Edition can be preordered here: http://spellforce.com/order-here/
Cook and serve Japan’s finest dishes in Meshi Quest: Five Start Kitchen Today
KOEI TECMO details Character Bond System and Extensive Simulation Elements for Upcoming JRPG Blue Reflection
Blue Reflection is set to release on September 26, 2017 for the PlayStation 4, and digitally on Windows PC via Steam
Maximum Games and Coolabi Group partner to create the first Beast Quest game for consoles
From Maximum Games:
Leading video game publisher Maximum Games is teaming up with independent international media group and rights owner Coolabi Group to create a new Beast Quest video game for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC. Developed by Torus Games, this action-adventure title with RPG elements is the first console game from the beloved Beast Quest fiction franchise, which has released over 120 different books to date with more than 17 million copies sold globally.
“The high-fantasy setting, characters and lore of Beast Quest are the perfect foundation for a modern adventure game on consoles,” said Christina Seelye, CEO of Maximum Games. “We’re building a gorgeous world true to this imaginative series that millions have come to love while giving fans of adventure games everywhere a unique experience to enjoy.”
“The team at Maximum Games have taken great care to understand Beast Quest and why it inspires such passion from its followers,” said Valerie Fry, Director of Licensing for Coolabi Group. “This game represents a completely new way for fans to engage with this one-of-a-kind universe, and we’re thrilled to see it come to life!”
Beast Quest is expected to be available in retail and digital stores on Oct. 31.
New NASCAR Heat 2 Career Mode Dev Diary
The career mode for NASCAR Heat 2, aside from the addition of 2 new series, will be heavily reliant on your performance. I love performance based rewards… But I was HORRIBLE at the first game… what a dilemma.
Haimrik brings its cartoon humor and violence to consoles
1C plans on releasing the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this Autumn, as well as being released on WIndows PC via Steam and other digital stores. Being the reader I am, this game is particularly intriguing.
Digital Sales of The Town of Light to Directly Benefit Mental Health Awareness in Partnership with Take This, Inc.
A bold example of the power of gaming, Wired Productions announces first activity in year long campaign where 25% of the town of light‘s profits will be used to support mental health charities. Here are some quotes and links to purchase the game and how to get involed from Wired Productions:
“The Town of Light, because of the themes of mental health within the game and its grounding in reality, starts the conversation,” said Leo Zullo, Managing Director, Wired Productions, “Our duty is to stand together and continue that conversation, not only to ensure that we dispel the stigma around mental health, but also to ensure that those who feel alone know that they are not, and are given the help they often desperately need. This promotion, alongside our extended campaign for awareness, form only a small part of a much greater picture, but we hope they will touch many lives.”
“The motivation behind The Town of Light has always been one of compassion”, said Luca Dalcò, Studio Head, LKA.it, “The struggles surrounding mental health affect so many of our lives day to day; to shine a light on mental illness and tell the story of those who suffered without a voice in the past was our goal. To have the opportunity to help those in the present is more than we could have hoped for.”
Russ Pitts, President, TakeThis, Inc. said, “The biggest challenge people dealing with mental health issues face is isolation and loneliness. The feeling no one will understand or can help. And a lot of people turn to video games for an escape. Seeing mental health issues addressed in true and meaningful ways in a game like The Town of Light can be a lifeline for people in need.”
Wired Productions and LKA.it are grateful to the following retailers for their support in the campaign:
- PlayStation Store
- Humble Bundle
- Greenman Gaming
Digital retailer GamesPlanet is further supporting the campaign by donating all of their profits from their sales of The Town of Light for the duration of the promotion.
If you’re interested in supporting Wired Productions by getting involved in charity events of your own, or if you’re a charity that specializes in supporting mental health issues and would like to register to be part of our year-long campaign for awareness, please contact [email protected].
Episode Two of Minecraft: Story Mode – Season Two now available for download on all platforms
Personally never got into Minecraft, but Telltale Games makes amazing narrative driven games no matter the property. Only reason I’m not playing is because I don’t have the time to go back and play Season One.
Just Survive launches game-changing updated with new map and strongholds
Here is a breakdown of the updates from Daybreak Games:
- Badwater Canyon: A completely new world map designed with multiple styles of gameplay in mind and featuring targeted loot distribution, strategic verticality, exploration opportunities, and hundreds of easily identifiable base pads for Stronghold construction. Badwater Canyon will be rolled out steadily over time, region by region, as it is created in order to give appropriate focus to each aspect of its overall design. It has replaced the game’s original map.
- Stronghold: A new system where players can build robust structures and fortify them with an array of defenses and traps to fend off coordinated attacks. Challenging players with opportunities to attack and defend, Strongholds encourage creative problem solving. In addition, these bases can be customized by players to make their in-game homes unique.
- Weapon Revamp: All weapons have been rebuilt from scratch, introducing tiers to each weapon type while fine-tuning them to look and feel unique. In addition, we’ve improved melee combat with a new hit registration system and attack animation overhaul.
- Golden Eagle Coins: Items found in the world can be exchanged for a new in-game currency tied to individual characters. These aim to create true value for each item in the world, tackling the problem of item hoarding. Golden Eagle Coins are required to purchase new Stronghold locations, and this currency’s usage will continue to be expanded in the future.
Other changes in this update include refined harvesting mechanics, a rebalancing of systems, itemization overhaul, and modification to spawning and death. A complete list of changes and fixes in today’s update is available at:http://www.justsurvive.com/news/game-update-patch-notes-8-15
KNIGHTS OF THE FROZEN THRONE™ Brings Cold Taste of Undeath to Hearthstone®
Legendary Hero Cards transform Hearthstone’s fallen heroes into powerful Death Knights, pluse free missions where you can overthrow the Lich King and claim the Frozen Throne