El Segundo, Calif. (April 13, 2018) – Get ready Tennessee Duelists, because the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) is coming to the Volunteer State! Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) is proud to invite hundreds of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME’s (TCG) greatest competitors to attend the Memphis Cook Convention Center for a “throwdown” of massive proportions. On April 21 and 22, YCS Memphis will test the wits, nerves, and ingenuity of some of the world’s greatest Duelists for two full days, on the way to inaugurating another in a long string of time-honored Champions.
Over the last two months, YCS titles have been won in Atlanta, Bochum (Germany), San Jose (Costa Rica), and Utah, as Duelists duked it out with every Deck under the sun. Trickstars, Pendulum Magicians, Zefras, Metalfoes, World Chalice, Invoked, Dinosaurs, ABC’s, and more have all captured their share of tournament glory so far this year. But as Duelists devote more time to their favorite strategies, YCS Memphis is set to throw a curve ball into the mix –Structure Deck: Lair of Darkness launches one day before the tournament. Will new cards like Darkest Diabolos, Lord of the Lair and Grinning Grave Virus shake things up in the Volunteer State? Dueling’s finest will be on hand to find out!
Duelists in the YCS main event will compete for one of the highest honors in all of Dueling: the prestige of a YCS win and the title of Champion. Competitors will also vie for a huge spread of prizes, including the YCS Prize CardNumber 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker! The winner of YCS Memphis will earn an exclusive Ultra Rare copy while 2nd and 3rd place finishers win Super Rares.
When the weekend is over and one winner is left standing, the Champion of YCS Memphis gets paid travel and accommodations to their 2018 World Championship Qualifier (WCQ), where they’ll be invited to compete with VIP status. Both Finalists will win exclusive YCS branded premium Messenger Bags, and the full Top 8 will celebrate with high-end PlayStation®4 gaming systems for their efforts. Every Duelist who makes it through the Swiss rounds to the Top 32 receive YCS Top Cut Game Mats featuring Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker – a coveted prize only given to those who reach the Top Cut at a YCS – as well as World Qualifying Points, Ultimate Duelist Series Points, and invitations to their WCQ tournaments.
Pre-registration for YCS Memphis will run from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday, April 20 at the Memphis Cook Convention Center. All Duelists who pre-register and turn in their valid Deck list on Friday will receive one of the Yu-Gi-Oh! branded Attribute Dice, randomly blind-bagged. Registration will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday April 21, continuing to 9:45 a.m, with Round 1 beginning promptly at 10 a.m. All Duelists will receive five booster packs of Extreme Force upon registering, and while supplies last, registrants can also get “Yugi Hair” to wear at the event. The YCS Memphis main event tournament will be played in the Constructed Advanced Format. Attendees can find the answers to many questions here: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/events/2018/YCS-Memphis_FAQ.html
Memphis Cook Convention Center
Cannon Center, 255 N Main St
For Duelists born 2005 or later, two Dragon Duel tournaments will be held at YCS Memphis on April 21 and 22. These Saturday and Sunday tournaments will be sealed using Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, where each Duelist is given ten sealed Battle Packs to make a new Deck. Both Dragon Duel tournaments award invitations to the 2018 Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier based on attendance.
The Dragon Duelist who finishes 1st on Saturday will Duel Sunday’s 1st place Dragon Duelist Sunday afternoon, in a best-of-3 match played with their own Constructed Deck built for Advanced Format rules. The winner of that match will be awarded a Dragon Duel Championship Trophy, Super Rare set of the Darklords YCS Prize Cards and claim the title of YCS Memphis Dragon Duel Champion!
A full spread of Public Events will run all weekend long, including 2018 Regional Qualifiers; Ultimate Duelist Series Qualifiers; 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling; two ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!! events; Win-A-Mat, Sealed Structure Deck, Sealed Starter Deck, Battle City, Yu-Gi-Oh! School Tournament Series, and Duelist League tournaments.
YCS Memphis Prizing Information:
- 1st place – Ultra Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Trophy; paid travel and accommodations to the winner’s 2018 World Championship Qualifier, with invite to compete and VIP status; YCS branded premium Messenger Bag; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 30 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 2nd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker; invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; YCS branded premium Messenger Bag; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 3rd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker; invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 4th place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 5th – 8th place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation 4 500GB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 9th – 16th place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 24 Booster Packs of Extreme Force; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 17th – 32nd place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 12 Booster Packs of Extreme Force; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
Players that make the Top Cut at the YCS will also be awarded World Qualifying Points based on standings.
YCS Memphis Dragon Duel Prizing Information:
- 1st – 4th place –2018 Regional Game Mat; Dragon Duel Medal; and a Dragon Duel T-Shirt.
Duelists can now watch episodes of the exciting new Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, available subtitled on Crunchyroll. The series will be simulcast with a new episode available one hour after it is broadcast in Japan, at 6:25AM EST (Simulcast currently available in the US and Latin America). Watch here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/yu-gi-oh-vrains!
Additionally, Duelists can watch a new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Saturday on Nicktoons – check local listings for times. In addition, all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episodes every Tuesday as well as all of classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s can be seen on www.yugioh.com in the United States. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Friday and Saturday on Teletoon! For more information on KONAMI or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630 to speak directly with a Yu-Gi-Oh! customer support team member.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI’s software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiaries, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. in Windsor, the United Kingdom. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.